A Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney Will Help Recover Damages You Deserve
Catastrophic injuries differ from typical injuries in that they are entirely life-altering. Victims are unable to have normal relationships or be gainfully employed to provide for themselves or their loved ones. In California, an injury resulting in the loss of a limb or organ, or an injury-causing severe pain that is permanent or long-term, is considered catastrophic.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries in Los Angeles
- Severe Hand Injuries
- Spinal injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBIs)
- Head injury
- Accidental amputation
- Severe burns
- Shoulder Injuries
- Foot/Leg Injuries
- Loss of speech
- Loss of vision
- Severe Neck Injuries
- Severe Back Injuries
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are generally a result of violent trauma. Often, this violent trauma occurs accidentally due to the negligence of another. At Culver Legal, we understand the long-lasting repercussions of catastrophic injuries and how they affect the victim and their loved ones. We represent people who have suffered these injuries due to a variety of causes, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Ridesharing (Uber/Lyft) accidents
- Train accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boat accidents
- Rollover accident
- Rear-end collisions
- Slip & fall accidents
- Hit & Run Collisions
Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
Victims of catastrophic injuries may be able to recover monetary compensation. There are different types of monetary compensation available, including:
- Lost Wages: A victim of any type of accidental injury should recover wages lost during the time period they are unable to work. With catastrophic injuries, this is especially important as the victim cannot work either permanently or for an extended period of time. Lost wages include future wages the victim would have been able to earn had the catastrophic injury not occurred.
- Economic Damages: If the victim has suffered the loss of any physical property or assets due to the catastrophic injury, they may be able to recover for them as well.
- Medical Costs: Medical costs associated with catastrophic injuries can be astronomical because these injuries often require daily, long-term care as well as multiple medical procedures. The victim should recover for all medical costs incurred from the time of the accident that caused the injury forward, including any future medical costs.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages, such as pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life, can also be recovered by a catastrophic injury victim. Unlike lost wages or medical costs, these types of injuries are subjective and can be difficult to quantify. It is imperative you retain an attorney who understands catastrophic injuries and can help you recover all the non-economic damages you deserve.
Contact A Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney
If you, or someone you love, has suffered a catastrophic injury, a Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney at Culver Legal is here to help. We have the experience you are looking for and will help you recover the justice you deserve. Contact us to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation. We can be reached at 1-310-600-7881 or on our contact page.