A Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorney Will Fight For Damages
Accidents involving large trucks, such as semis, tractor-trailers, and large dump trucks, are particularly dangerous as they are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries or death due to the immense size of the vehicles involved. Unfortunately, in 2019, California ranked second in states with the most deaths resulting from large truck crashes, with a total of 408 people killed. In addition to death, many sustained life-altering injuries. At Culver Legal, we understand the long-term effects of these injuries and take pride in providing our clients with the comprehensive representation they deserve.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Los Angeles
- Jackknife Accidents: Jackknifing is a term used to describe when a trailer on a tractor-trailer truck pushes against the front vehicle turning it until it forms a 90-degree angle with the tractor-trailer. Jackknifing results from the driver braking too quickly, causing the brakes to lock up, and the driver loses control of the vehicle.
- Tire Blowout Accidents: When a tire on a large truck blows out, it can force the truck to move in a wayward position causing it to swerve into adjacent lanes or into other vehicles. In addition to this danger, pieces of the rubber tire may hit other vehicles causing them to lose control.
- Underride Accidents: Underride accidents generally occur when the driver of the large truck brakes suddenly and the vehicle immediately following the truck drives under the back of the trailer. Such accidents often result in catastrophic injuries.
- Blind Spot Accidents: Large trucks have blind spots to their left, right, and rear. If another vehicle is traveling in one of these blind spots when the truck changes lanes, an accident may occur.
- Lost Load Accidents: The purpose of large trucks is to transport cargo from one place to another. Sometimes, the cargo becomes loose, falls off the truck, and strikes other vehicles.
- T-Bone Accidents: T-Bone accidents occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. These often occur at intersections.
- Head-On Accidents: When two vehicles, traveling in opposite directions, run straight into one another, a head-on collision has occurred. Due to large trucks’ immense size and power, many of these accidents result in catastrophic injury or death.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents occur when a large truck overturns. Common causes include jackknifing and traveling along a curved road.
California Statute of Limitations
Statutorily in California, an individual has two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit to recover for sustained damages. There are several exceptions to this statute, including:
- Mental incompetence of victim
- Victim’s inability to file a claim
- The victim is a minor (in which case the two-year statute of limitations does not begin until the victim reaches the age of majority
- The injury does not manifest until a later date
Contact A Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorney At Culver Legal
If you have been injured in a truck accident, let the legal professionals at Culver Legal recover the compensation you deserve. We understand how an accident can disrupt your life and take pride in helping our clients achieve justice. You can reach us at 1-310-600-7881 or via our contact page.