A Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help Victims Injured In A Motorcycle Accident
Ask any motorcycle enthusiast, and they’ll tell you how there is no greater feeling of power than the freedom of riding a motorcycle on an open road. Unfortunately, a motorcycle’s “openness” to the surrounding environment and its compact size makes driving it so much more dangerous than driving a standard car or truck. In 2018 alone, there were 5,010 motorcycle accidents on Los Angeles roadways that resulted in injury or death. At Culver Legal, we make it our priority to help our clients recover full compensation after a motorcycle accident so they can concentrate on their healing and not on their unpaid bills.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Los Angeles
The most common causes of motorcycle injuries include:
- Dangerous Road Conditions: A motorcyclist can easily lose control during inclement weather or when they hit a pothole or other debris in the road.
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting, or lane sharing, is legal in California. Lane splitting is when the motorcyclist drives between rows of vehicles in the same lane, either stopped or moving. However, when done without proper caution, it can lead to an accident.
- Speeding: The faster a motorcyclist is driving, the higher the odds an accident will occur, and it will be fatal. Driving a motorcycle takes skill and coordination, and driving faster means you have less time to respond in a potentially dangerous situation.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Inexperienced drivers are more likely to underestimate the importance of safe driving until it is too late. Their unsafe maneuvers put them and others in harm’s way.
- Car Doors: When a person in a parked vehicle quickly opens their car door, an oncoming motor vehicle may not have time to stop or swerve and hit the door going at a high rate of speed.
- Lane Changes: Drivers that do not use their turn signals or check their blind spots may collide with a motorcyclist while changing lanes.
- Sudden Stops: An abrupt stop by a lead vehicle may cause the other vehicle to slam into the back of them. Following too closely is also a major factor in these accidents.
- Turns: Drivers too often underestimate the amount of time and distance needed to turn left in front of a motorcycle safely.
Common Types of Motorcycle Injuries In Los Angeles
Some of the injuries more commonly seen as a result of a motorcycle accident include:
- Injuries to the head & traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Fractures & broken bones
- Cuts & lacerations
- Neck & back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Road rash
- Internal injuries
- Other catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Speak With A Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The legal team at Culver Legal is dedicated to holding the parties responsible for your injuries liable for your damages as well as ensuring the insurance companies follow through with their promises. Contact us today or call us at 1-310-600-7881.