A Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Attorney Will Fight for the Rights of the Injured
In recent years rideshare services such as Uber & Lyft have surged in popularity as they offer reliable transportation at a cheaper rate than a traditional taxi. Understandably, with their rise in popularity, the number of accidents in which these rideshare services have been involved has also increased. At Culver Legal, we understand the laws surrounding these types of accidents and provide our clients with representation that results in their receiving the compensation they deserve.
How Do Ridesharing Services Operate?
An individual will download the app onto their smart device to use a ridesharing service such as Uber or Lyft. Through this app, they can request a ride to their chosen destination, enter their payment information, and even tip the driver once the ride is over. In order to ensure the safety of the passenger, they are even provided with the details of the vehicle they will be riding in so they can confirm they are entering the correct vehicle.
What Do I Do If I Have Been Involved In A Rideshare Accident?
You need to take steps after a rideshare accident to ensure your safety and ability to recover maximum compensation. They include the following:
- Seek medical attention: This may mean calling 911 as soon as the accident occurs so you and any other people involved can be checked out by qualified medical personnel.
- Gather witness information: Gather as much information as possible regarding the witnesses to the accident, including their names and contact information.
- Photograph the scene: Take photos of the scene of the wreck, including the vehicles and injuries.
- Cooperate with law enforcement: If law enforcement is present, it is in your best interest to cooperate with their requests. Always ask for a copy of any report they complete.
- Take notes: As soon as possible after the accident, jot down anything you can remember. Make notes about the driver and the trip. Although this may not seem important at the time, it can be very helpful to jog your memory at a later date.
- Do not sign any documents: It is not uncommon for the rideshare company to send you documents to sign. It is imperative you do not sign the documents. Instead, forward them to your attorney.
- Do not speak with a rideshare company representative: A representative from Uber or Lyft, or their insurance companies, may contact you for information. No matter how trivial the questions they ask may seem, there could be an ulterior motive, which is why you need to promptly forward them to your attorney to review any information they are seeking.
Contact A Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Attorney From Culver Legal
Rideshare accidents require an attorney that understands how the laws apply to these situations. At Culver Legal, we have the knowledge and ability to recover maximum compensation for our clients. If you have been in a rideshare accident, contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation. You may reach us at 1-310-600-7881 or through our contact page.